Friday, January 4, 2013

it's turkey time, time to get stuffed!

 My Christmas dinner this year seemed more like the huge feast in the movie the Grinch with the amount of food and people that were at the table I'm surprised there was enough food. Every year I visit my grandma's house for her delicious turkey dinner! She always seems to out do herself every year, and by the time i'm finished eating i can barely move that's how FULL I am. Usually my Mom will drive over to my Grandma's house earlier so that we can help her set the table and cook the last of things. This year i was stirring the gravy and I happened to notice pieces of the turkey such as the heart, kidneys, liver, and neck floating around in the simmering gravy. When i questioned why they were in there she simply said it gives the gravy a nice flavor, and believe me it did! I was still pretty grossed out about the neck and heart and etc being in with the gravy. My grandma told me that the neck meat is one of the sweetest pieces of meat on the turkey, so she cut off a piece from the neck and handed it to me. The neck meat is actually quite sweet, I was surprised! Christmas at my house is one of the biggest family dinners and we always have more than enough food. My grandma didn't make her yorkshire pudding this year because she says it's supposed to go with beef  but i say it's so good it goes with anything! I was disappointed not seeing them in a bowl on the table but all the other food distracted me from my disappointment very quickly. I think Christmas time is the best time to bring family close even if it's just one dinner, at my house that one dinner is something my stomach and I look forward to every year!




No comments:

Post a Comment