Thursday, November 29, 2012

Food inc changed how I eat

Before we watched Food In in my Food and Nutrition class i was aware about animals getting slaughtered but i was not aware of the gruesome, inhuman way they are slaughtered. I am the type of person who can love any type of animal whether it be a rat to a pig.. i'm a sucker for all of them so, when i watched part of this video it nearly brought me to tears! I couldn't believe how horrible these poor animals were being treated just because we humans are greedy and are consuming SO MUCH FOOD and demanding more and more though we don't need it! When i began to watch bits and parts of the video ( parts i could handle watching) i didn't want to know that i'm helping to cause all that pain to the animal by consuming fast food meat all the time. That is when i decided to become a vegetarian.. let me tell you it was hard but, for all the wrong reasons. I made this decision on my own without anyone telling me to rethink what i had decided. When i informed my mother of my decision she was okay with it but, the problem was i was unprepared to become a vegetarian because my mom would cook meals with meat as the main food and i would end up just eating the sides like noodles, vegetables. I was not getting enough food into my system for my body to run efficiently and i was finding it difficult to find food that did not contain meat that would fill me up. Unfortunately, i had given up being a vegetarian after about a week because i didn't feel like i had enough energy to get me through the day. If i had of come prepared to become a vegetarian by buying substitutes for meat instead of just eating what my mom made minus the meat then i think i would have been successful with it. My eating habits have changed since then though. I find i don't eat at as much fast food restaurants anymore and i stay away from meat products unless i am really hungry or it is something my mom makes for dinner. I think anyone with a big heart for animals would have the same reactions to the video, to go vegetarian so that you don't feel as guilty. I still hate eating meat but i'm not ready to give up all meat products yet. Food Inc changed how i eat.

SO SAD!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment